Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How will I ever be able to find a new job, after being fired, from my only job, after 21 years.?

I was fired along with 75 other people in a 2 week period. We all just seemed to ';go bad'; in that period of time. Actually, the smarter employees had already resigned. What happened was that a larger hospital bought out the smaller hospital were I worked.They bought us for our reputation and our good name. They didn't want the employees, even though, our reputation was earned by the work done by our therapists. Two years before they actually took posesion, they placed a very difficult woman in a high managment position to chase people off. That plan worked very well, however, for someone like me, single with 3 kids, I was not able to quit. This woman made life very difficult for all of us. Even though I was terminated, I know that my employee file tells what a hard working and loyal employee I had actually been. Unfortunately, that won't work as a referrence, and I know that they have black balled me. Unemployment had requested that I request my file, but I was denied it. Any advice.