Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How would yoou handle this?

I work at a flight center for a private company and security is contracted out- we have new policies to follow since 9/11 so the TSA, ATF, and NTSB show up from time to time for inspections so the company can aquire a certificate to be able to land in D.C. Recently, I wrote up a procedure for our manual explaining how security officers should handle the arrival of government agencies to the clients property. I submitted it to the client first who approved the procedure for our manual and then I sent it to the client's security manager and my direct supervisor so they know what's going on too. A couple days later the exact same procedure- word for word- appeared in a new training manual put together by my supervisor. It is my contention, based on prior experience, that she will try to take credit for the procedure I wrote. Since the only thing that gets you promoted in security is performance I don't want her to lay claim to my hard work...besides she doesn't even work in the same