Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How would my husband and I go about obtaining emplyment as civilians on a military base in Germany?

My husband and I have finally decided to do it! We are going to move/work in another country for a few years. Our first pick is Germany, though we also would love to live in Ireland and Italy.



It's seems as though the best way for us to go about doing this is by getting jobs on a military base and I would love any advice I could get!



Here are a few questions we have:



How long do we have between getting hired and starting our new jobs?

Do we need work visas?

Where do we go to find these jobs?

Have any of you out there gotten jobs as civilians and if so, how would you describe the process?





Thanks guys!



(I am in currantly in accounting and my husband is in banking.)